Monday, January 10, 2011

Ok America. Keep Complaining About Who WE Voted In.

We need to stop being "one-policy" voters and really think about and do some background on the people we are voting in. I may get slammed for saying this but I have chosen to not exercise my right to vote after the Clinton years. I can successfully say I am not responsible for the current corruption of today's government and I am damn proud of it. The government has become sickeningly corrupt. It doesn't matter who you vote in, they all are corrupt, or become corrupt once they are sworn in.

Take Obama for example. I ALMOST voted for him. He had me in tears plenty of times with his heartfelt speeches and empty promises. I had an Obama/Biden sign in my yard and a sticker on my vehicle. I thought, "Wow, this is the guy who is going to save America, he really cares about the American people." Then he was sworn in and had his briefing, and you can see in his eyes, everything had changed. His eyes were not what they were before, kind, caring, heartfelt...they were now empty and cold and almost heartless. That look hasn't changed ever since. And he has been for the corporations ever since.

The Americans will vote for one person because they agree with their views on gun control or health care, yet it doesn't matter if this said person they voted for agrees to kill animals on a daily basis in their basement, as long as their one policy they want so badly gets pushed through. I know I will get hit with, "you have no right to speak about politics because you didn't vote for Bush or Obama. If you would have voted, this wouldn't have happened". Yeah, ok. And I'm the pope. It is no secret the votes are bought in this country. If everyone decided to not vote in 2012, we would have elected officials no matter what. Our vote does not count anymore, these politicians buy their way in or those at the top pick who they want in and that is that. One or two may slide through for the sheople so they can continue to keep us in the dark - we won't pay attention because a couple of our "for the people" politicians are voted in.

I say they best way for our voices to be heard is to stop the vote in 2012. I hear so many comments all over the blogosphere that we've had enough of this government, we can all socialize and complain and bitch and moan on Facebook about how screwed up the republicans, the democrats, the tea partiers or even the coffee partiers are, yet we will still vote in the same scumbags every election. The only way our voices will be heard is if we stand up and say, hey, I'm not voting anymore...I have and even if you do not agree, I can be proud in saying... at least I can sleep at night.

This is the only way our voices will be heard. Stop the vote in 2012. We've been voting and voting and trying to have our voices heard for how many years? They are not being heard. They are being ignored. So why not return the favor and ignore them for a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment